13 Free Ways To Keep Kids Engaged At Home
Hey, parents! We know it’s challenging to keep kids moving, learning and engaged while they’re at home. That’s why we’ve created this list of totally fun, totally FREE resources to help you out. The Comfees team has got your back.
- PBS Kids – great games for kids categorized into 29 topics, including math, dinosaurs, science, and others.
- #MetKids – allows kids to explore The Metropolitan Museum of Art using an interactive map. They can also watch behind-the-scenes videos, discover works of art and try out creative projects.
- Story Time From Space – videos that feature astronauts at the International Space Station reading children's books.
- MathGames – activities that allow kids to practice skills such as algebra, counting, geometry, and others.
- National Geographic Kids – games, videos, and articles about animals, science, space, and other fun topics.
- Highlights Kids – crafts & cooking activities, jokes & quizzes, games & puzzles, videos, articles, and podcasts for kids.
- Boston Children's Museum Virtual Tour – allows kids to explore selected zones and exhibits at all three levels of the museum.
- Smithsonian's National Zoo – live streaming of animals such as naked mole-rats, lions, giant pandas, and elephants.
- Georgia Aquarium – live streaming of galleries that feature sea lions, African penguins, piranhas, and other sea creatures.
- Sesame Street Healthy Habits for Life – activities to help kids to adopt healthy habits such as moving, exercising and eating healthy foods.
- Lunch Doodles – a video series that features Mo Willems, a Kennedy Center Education Artist-in-Residence, teaching kids how to draw, doodle and make art.
- Cosmic Kids Yoga's YouTube channel – videos to teach kids about yoga, mindfulness, and relaxation.
- GoNoodle's YouTube channel – videos that encourage kids to engage in active activities such as dancing, stretching, running, jumping, deep breathing, and wiggling.